Waste Management Operation - Stagregic Leader
Accreditation: IEMA Approved Course
Duration: 2 Days
Min Attendees: 10
Max Attendees: 15
Transforming the sector into a modern, resource focused model requires new thinking; new skills and operational practices. Understanding the new behaviour and culture changes required will be an important role for leaders and future leaders. The course explores how leaders of a modern waste site need to act and behave as it comes under scrutiny on a global scale. The course will challenge the traditional way of delivering a waste service from collection and transportation of unwanted items to landfill into a new world of reuse and remanufacturing. Analysing value chains and identifying what needs to take place to maximise the performance of a site to achieve the new models; technological changes? Skills and training? New markets? Processing capability? Key skills including change management; behaviour, customer service and an increase in quality and project efficiency
• Refine personal leadership role in the company and in the wider sector engagement;
• Understand what good bad and excellent leadership looks like;
• Set the agenda and actions that will affect real behaviour change in the leaders
• Leadership strategies for driving an integrated waste management service;
• Understand where the Malaysia fits in terms of the waste models.
• Analyse the changes in waste volume, markets and the challenges.
• Understand the Impact of social changes on the sector;
• Understand the regulation in the local and global context;
• Identify the competence required for the changes and challenges in the sector;
• Waste Sector and its regional and global impacts: e.g. climate change and ocean pollution.
• Tutor led session
• Leaders shaping the day through presentations, Q&A and challenging each other in debate
• Strategic and operational planning sessions
• The volume and type of Waste: impact on the sector and its environment.
• From landfill to recycling: what is next?
• Waste Data: impact on decision making
• Role of Regulations: current and future impact
• Waste Management Sector and other environmental Aspects: SDGs, Climate Change, Ocean pollution
• Communication and collaboration with stakeholders
• Scenario of Malaysia; its growth over the last 20 years; what the next 20 years looks like – economic and resource management challenge and how we will drive changes in Malaysia
• Workforce: skills and competence in the Waste Sector and for the future needs
Visit www.iema.net for more information.
For further information on our courses and pricing structure, please call one of our training advisors on 01539 437436 or use our enquiry form.