Waste Management Operation - Practitioners
Accreditation: IEMA Approved Course
Duration: 2 Days
Min Attendees: 10
Max Attendees: 15
This course is for the existing and future managers, team leaders and supervisors who have a day to day responsibility for operating front line, managing people and performance of the sites. It is relevant to those whose role impacts the successful and safe operation of a site. The course challenges the delegates to put in place strategies and practices that improve and deliver high quality site operations. It will explore the daily operations activities that faces the industry personnel, such as health and safety, change of materials received at the site, handling and storage of the waste and includes how it interacts with other sectors and waste producers. It will explore the changing face of the sector and work with the delegates to understand the skills in place and what is needed to meet future needs and challenges; it will set out action plans to improve the performance of the site and how this can be presented to decision makers where change can be implemented. The course will explore the business management skills required to run a waste management facility, such as team management, communication with stakeholders, HR and sales.
• Apply business management skills in a modern waste management site;
• Update knowledge on waste management regulation in local and global context;
• Update knowledge on the role of the waste management sector locally and globally;
• Understand the role of operational responsibility in terms of H&S and site management;
• How to be excellent in waste management; what makes it excellent and how to maintain standards;
• Gain knowledge of the sector and how it contributes to the Malaysian economy and relationships with other sectors.
• Setting a benchmark for performance standards in people competence;
• Apply business management skills in a waste management site.
• Tutor led session
• Workshop activities: Analysing, debating and preparing information on best practice
• Action planning
• Duty of Care
• Waste acceptance Criteria
• Analysis of the changes to regulations. Where next and its impact?
• Waste storage handling and management in your facility.
• Health and safety: what’s a good health and safety environment?
• Waste and other sectors: how waste interact with other sectors.
• The Circular Economy: how it will change the sector
• Future skills of the modern workforce.
• Recruitment and the importance of integrated support services: HR, Finance, Business Management and Sales
Visit www.iema.net for more information.
For further information on our courses and pricing structure, please call one of our training advisors on 01539 437436 or use our enquiry form.