IOSH Workplace Behavioural Safety Version 2
Duration – One Day (6 hours)
IOSH Workplace Behavioural Safety is a one-day course that explores the many ways an organisation accidentally encourages accidents and ill-health, and how to change that – starting with ourselves.
Who will benefit?
Anyone who needs or wants to make people behave healthily, let alone safely. And anyone who wishes people would just follow the rules, or at least be careful.
The course aims to give the delegates a greater awareness of what leads us to make unsafe decisions whilst at work and to highlight the internal and external influences that drive us to take unsafe actions and make unsafe decisions.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will have:
• A better awareness of the influences that affect our decision making.
• A clear understanding of how behaviours and human error can contribute to harm in the workplace.
• A clear understanding of the role of stress and fatigue in mistakes.
• An understanding of how habits are formed and can be changed.
• An understanding of the principles of behavioural psychology and how to positively impact safety culture.
• A willingness to look beyond the actions of front-line workers, and at more than the wearing of PPE.
Workplace Behavioural Safety content includes:
• ABC theory of behaviour
• Consequences of behaviour
• Human error – why people do ‘stupid’ things
• Unsafe acts and Swiss Cheese
• Safety culture and drivers of unsafe behaviour
• Positive Safety
• Being safer – one thing you will stop doing and one new H&S habit you will develop
Workplace Behavioural Safety Assessment and Certification
Assessment is by an end-of-course 30-minute multi-choice examination. Delegates who attend all the modules and score 60% or more in the examination will receive their personal Workplace Behavioural Safety certificate from IOSH, the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation.
Online Webinars available -
9th and 10th at 14:00-17:30
2nd and 3rd at 14:00-17:30
The cost per delegate to attend an open course is £255.00 + VAT.
For further information on our courses and pricing structure, please call one of our training advisors on 01539 437436 or use our enquiry form.