Practitioner Masterclass: Operational Practices of the Waste & Resource Management Industry
Accreditation: IEMA Approved Course
Duration: 4 Days
Min Attendees: 10
Max Attendees: 15
Delegates will gain a greater knowledge and understanding of managing waste and develop practical solutions to reduce the risks to the environment and to the Health and Safety of the workforce. Working in teams and individually, practitioners who come into contact with and manage waste collectors, engage in disposal (either through contractors) or themselves and have responsibility for better disposal; will work to create environmental solutions that will protect and sustain the environment for future generations.
• Understand the challenges and opportunities that face the waste and resources management sector around the world and Malaysia
• Understand the Circular Economy; its risks and rewards
• Understand the best practice in Health and Safety, Categorisation and treatment of wastes.
• Understand how to implement change to improve site operation including duty of care, assessing competence and managing a diverse workforce and operations
• Tutor led session
• Workshop activities: Analysing, debating and preparing information on best practice
• Action planning
• Waste Management Around the World
• Defining the meaning of Waste
• What is the meaning of “Sustainable Waste Management “?
• The Waste Hierarchy
• From waste to Resources: the link with The Circular Economy Business Model
• Waste Management Treatment Technologies: An overview
• Hazardous Wastes: an overview on WEEE and clinical waste
• Behaviour change of residents: 3Rs campaign design
• Achieving the Circular economy with Food and plastic wastes
Visit www.iema.net for more information.
For further information on our courses and pricing structure, please call one of our training advisors on 01539 437436 or use our enquiry form.