Key Drivers for Effective Waste Management
Accreditation: IEMA Approved Course
Duration: 2 Days
Min Attendees: 10
Max Attendees: 15
Operating a profitable and safe waste site requires knowledge and understanding at senior through to practitioner level. The course will analyse all aspects of a waste site from developing new markets through to managing workloads on the front line; ensuring that effective operations are in place. How do the workforce input into performance and operational improvements? What role does customer feedback play in effective collections? What standards of health and safety are in place? Can we do better? And what does the better look like? Understanding more about the future of the waste and resources sector helps to improve current performance.
• Refine personal leadership role in the company and in the wider sector engagement;
• Understand what good bad and excellent leadership looks like;
• Set the agenda and actions that will affect real behaviour change in the leaders
• Leadership strategies for driving an integrated waste management service;
• Understand where the Malaysia fits in terms of the waste models.
• Analyse the changes in waste volume, markets and the challenges.
• Understand the Impact of social changes on the sector;
• Understand the regulation in the local and global context;
• Identify the competence required for the changes and challenges in the sector;
• Waste Sector and its regional and global impacts: e.g. climate change and ocean pollution.
• Tutor led session
• Workshop activities: Analysing, debating and preparing information on best practice
• Team working, workshop sessions
• An analysis of best practice in Waste Management
• Waste and the Environment: the environmental Impact. Why do we do what we do?
• Introduction to Health and Safety in the waste sector
• Current waste Legislation in the Malaysia and internationally
• Wastes streams: differences and management path for these streams.
Visit www.iema.net for more information.
For further information on our courses and pricing structure, please call one of our training advisors on 01539 437436 or use our enquiry form.